Did You Know? Only 2% of students of foster care students graduate from a four-year university. The FAST Scholarship program works to mitigate that statistic by providing financial and social support so that children in foster care can achieve their educational goals.
Did You Know?
- Only 50% of children in foster care graduate from high school.
- Of that 50%, only 2% go on to college to complete a four-year degree.
- 100% of children in foster care in the state of Texas receive free college tuition to a public Texas university.
The goal of Bright Angels Scholars is to mitigate these statistics by providing financial and emotional support to students throughout their college career. These students do not have the support from the parents that their non-foster peers have. Foster Angels bridges this gap by providing funding for living expenses and mentorship that provides guidance and encouragement.
We currently have 11 bright angels scholars and are pleased to share that our first round of students will be graduating in 2020.
How to Get Involved:
- Sponsor a student with an annual gift of $2,500 to cover one scholarship.
- Serve as a mentor to a student and help them navigate college life.
- Volunteer by creating care packages for scholars and providing other
Interested in applying to be a Bright Angel Scholar? Applications open mid-June. Check this page this summer! Interested in funding a scholarship or becoming a mentor? Contact email@example.com